Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

adding a analysis parameter to a note

puppet

i have a anaylsis feature on a part.

to make it simple a small flat plate 100x150 with a circile 50dia in the center. this plate has a wedge cut out of it.

i have a analysis feature to give the curve length (perimeter) of the remaining circle.

how do i now add this analysis feature to a drawing file of that part? its in the model tree but i can not access that value. As i dont know how to input it in the note

thanks

Puppet

Mloew

Puppet,

You will need Wildfire 2.0 to do this. There is a Use Parameter check box.

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Luck is the residue of design.

Branch Rickey

jabbadeus

To use the parameter in the note, try the following format:

&param_name:fid_featname

where param_name is the name of the parameter generated by your analysis feature, and featname is either the name or feature ID number of your analysis feature.

Dave Martin

donha

I think you only get half of the circle length. You must create a parameter which equals 2X the analasys or evaluate feature. Let's say I created an evaluate feature (semi_circ1) which equaled half the circumferance. I would then create a parameter (circ1) which equaled (semi_circ1:fid_semi_circ1*2). In my drawing/model note, bla bla.. &circ1 bla bla....

maurya

You can call an analysis parameter in a drawing note as well as in Model Note. And this what you have to do..

I assume Name of the analysis feature to be MEASURE_PERIM and the parameter you used to capture the curve length as CURVLEN.

As text of your note in the drawing, enter...

&MEASURE_PERIM:FID_CURVLEN

You should now see the value accessed from the Analysis Feature

DN Reddy, Manchuri ; GE-IBC, India

Sponsor