Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

accessing modules

miked

I have just upgraded my license to WF2 and I am no longer able to access isdx although it is included in the license file. It says the following in the summary section of my lic file:

#188&n bsp;&n bsp; 1 Interactive Surface Design Wildfire 2.0 Ext perm

As well as:

#################### Extension ###########################
# Serviceable = Interactive Surface Design
# Feature Name = 188
# Feature Version = 25.0
# Number of Copies = 1
# Expiration Date = permanent
# Module = Interactive Surface Design Extension Module
INCREMENT 188 ptc_d 25.0 permanent 1

I have left out some of the numbers but I think this is enough to explain my file.

Is there a setting I have missed or is there a way to turn the module on and off?

I would appreciate any help, I have had to leave a message with tech support and have been promised a prompt 24 hr reponse.

Thanks,

Mike

Cool trick but I only have one seat of pro, why wouldnt I get all of the extensions by default?

I have found the area to specify the extensions and have created a new configuration but now the adv surf extension isnt available and it locks pro up.

In ptc setup the modules are labelled as "startup extensions" not floating options which makes me wonder why they dont all load by default

The odd thing is that after I changed it I get a window at startup that tells me which extensions are available and which arent, but I dont get any window when I use the default setup and isdx is unavaible.

Thanks for the help I think I know enough to be be able figure it out now (or get into more trouble than I bargained for :) )

Mike

View attachment 788
Edited by: miked

I have isdx working now although it takes much longer to actually start up and I still cant get the adv surf SET extension to start with isdx. *Iam not exactly sure what that means yet.

I appreciate the help.

Mike

isdx=Interactive Surface Design Extension

used for concept modeling and advanced surfacing.

Israr

I finally got a call from tech support and they explained thatadv surfwont work because I have cancelled maintenance on it. Right.

That makes total sense, I surface things every day so I call PTC and ask them to cancel the oneof themodules I actually use, to save a bit of money? Am I the only one that finds this odd? Instead of giving me the correct license and apoligising they send me a quote.

Did EDS buy PTC when I wasnt looking?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back