Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

AAARRRRGGGHHH.. Not again!

schick

If this friggin software closes up on me one more time, I'm going to seriously consider switching to solidworks!!!!!

The geniuses at ptc are getting ready to release Wildfire 3, but no one seems to have an answer as to how to keep 2001 from self destructing (closing).

Seriously pissed off and annoyed!!!
smiley7.gif

Schick

Thats OK, just run your trail file.

Oh wait, those don't work (at least not for me)... Oh well.

If it makes you feel any better I used to use Solidworks and it crashed more often than Pro-E.

std.out has one line...

failed communication error, and no std.err

The other guys here say it's just a glitch with pro/e, that it happens all the time.

If I knew how to fix it, I'd much rather do that. or at least be able to say... "Mine doesn't have that problem!"
smiley36.gif

It happens to all of us. I would say get a plastic dart gun and when it really pisses you off shoot the hell out of your pc then go back to work.

smiley2.gif

ProE needs a halt error. instead of just closing on you, bring up a window with an error and cancel the last calculation or command. Everybody knows when ProE is going to close on them. It sits and hangs for a minute on simple run of the mill commands and then BAM, It's gone. Then you remember that you didn't save. I can't tell you how many times I stared at the screen while it seemed it was taking longer than it should saying you better not, don't you do it you...BAM! We run WF2 and it's not any better.

Giving the pc a swift kick - along with a few choice words - usually helps me. Doesn't solve the problem, but makes you feel a whole lot better!
smiley36.gif

Lesley

I didcarry mine to a window and threaten to throw it out... boss wasnt to pleased with me..
smiley5.gif
.... I do like the dart gun idea tho.. me thinks the ping pong's would end up flying everywhere !!

(possibly in me bosses direction !!
smiley36.gif
)

Take a 4lb lump hammer to it and then crack open a cold one!If all else fails,return to the drawing board, that never used to crash for me, though I did fall off the chair a couple of times....
smiley36.gif

Heh I really don't know why people yelling on Pro/E, well OK it have been times when you just wont to kill him and PC and you so angry because it doesn't work. But then did you ever seen ENNY software that works 100%?? and I don't think only on CAD, CAM, CAE. Windows that are OS of almost all PCs aren't working like it should be, Office also have bugs, even paint have bugs so how one so complicated and sophisticated software like Pro/E would bee perfect?
So we must learn how to deal whit anger (now I'm sound like psychologies
smiley4.gif
), we have a boxing bag in office so every time we are mad, we take few boxing rounds
smiley4.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back