Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

64 bit proToolkit for wildfire 4

ajaypanchwagh2

Hi all
when i integrate 64 bit tool kit i get following error
Please help me.

1>protoolkit.lib(srcbase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "__int64 const std::_BADOFF" (?
_BADOFF@std@@3_JB)
1>protoolkit.lib(osapisrc.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol "__int64 const std::_BADOFF"
(?_BADOFF@std@@3_JB)
1>protoolkit.lib(stringsrc.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol "__int64 const std::_BADOFF"
(?_BADOFF@std@@3_JB)
1>protoolkit.lib(srcnet.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "__int64 const std::_BADOFF" (?
_BADOFF@std@@3_JB)
1>protoolkit.lib(srcbase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: static class std::locale::id
std::ctype<char>::id" (?id@?$ctype@D@std@@2V0locale@2@A)

Ajay,

Are you using the 64 bit compiler, linker, libraries and headers for VS 2005?Did you mix /MD with /MT?

From the PTC documentation on Pro/TOOLKIT WF 4.0 Platform Support:

Platform

Compiler Description

Microsoft Windows XP/Vista for 32 or 64-bit

Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2005
Note: Pro/TOOLKIT spawn and asynchronous mode applications compiled on a Microsoft Windows 32-bit machine will run with Pro/ENGINEER built for a Microsoft Windows 64-bit platform. DLL mode applications must be compiled on a 64-bit machine to run with a 64-bit Pro/ENGINEER installation.
Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2005 SP1
Note: Supported for Microsoft Windows 32-bit platform. Not supported for Microsoft Windows 64-bit platform in DLL mode.

Question to Patrick Williams.

Dear Sir,

Question is out of scope of this topic, but found that you are probably expert in my problem.

I am quite confused with the Transformation between two Matrix. Please help.
This is assembly: a flexible component between the two parts that constrained by coordinate systems. Using Analysis -> Measure -> Transform it's easily to get 3x4 matrix that defines the relative position of the components. Now I need to move the second part (Csys-2) in the location defined by the third Csys-3 (that location I can find by use transform matrix relative to the first (fixed) or a second coord sys). The question is: how to determine the angles at which should rotate Csys-2 relatively Csys-1 to reach position Csys-3? I don't want to go in Pro/ToolKit now, but I'd like do check possible algorithm with hand calculation.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mike

Question to Patrick Williams,

I have another machine where VS 2005 RTM installed still i am not able to build my project with 64 bit configuration.

upon investigationi found that I have .net farmework 2.0 sp installed that machine.

it is cause any impact?

These are some of my vcproj settings due constraints i
cannot expose all of my settings.
besides i am using /md setting for creation of the dll
project.
please let me know what additional inputs are required?

Name="VCCLCompilerTool"

AdditionalIncludeDirectories="Y:\protoolkit64\includes;Y:
\protoolkit64\protk_appls"

PreprocessorDefinitions="WIN32;_WINDOWS;NDEBUG;_USRDLL;_M
ERGE_PROXYSTUB"
UsePrecompiledHeader="2"
WarnAsError="false"

DebugInformationFormat="3"
/>

<Tool

</Configuration>

<Tool
Name="VCLinkerTool"

IgnoreImportLibrary="true"

AdditionalDependencies="comsvcs.lib mpr.lib wsock32.lib
protoolkit.lib pt_asynchronous.lib netapi32.lib jutil.lib
Psapi.lib"

SuppressStartupBanner="true"

AdditionalLibraryDirectories="y:\protoolkit64\x86e_win64\
obj;"y:\microsoft\lib\$(PlatformName)";"..
\..\lib\$(PlatformName)""

IgnoreDefaultLibraryNames="libc.lib;libcpmt.lib;LIBCMT.li
b"

What kind of an application are you creating (it looks like a synchronous application)? Synchronous, multi-process, asynchronous or full asynchronous? You need to link different libraries in each case. Read the API Wizard under User's Guide->Library Types. This section of the documentation shows you which libraries you need for different applications. Additionally your preprocess definitions are missing a few. If you look at the make_install make file you will see that you need to define PRO_MACHINE=36 and PRO_OS=4 (at least in WF 5.0). My advice to you is to look at the proper make file for your application type and reproduce those settings in the VS IDE. I have done this many times and it works great. Also, make sure you can compile and link with just the Pro/TOOLKIT libraries before adding any additional 3rd party libraries.

Mike,

I would be glad to help you with your csys transformations but I'm afraid I'm still not understanding what you are trying to do. So, hopefully the following information will help you until you further clarify your question to me.

First you have to understand something about csys'.All ProSolid objects (parts and assemblies) have what is called a "default csys" or solid csys. It's one that you cannot see unless you specifically create it in Pro/ENGINEER with the "default" option. That means that the top-level assembly, sub-assemblies and all parts have their own coordinate systems.

So, imagine I have an assembly1 that contains part1 and part2. if I have a point in a part1 and I want to see what that point is in terms of part2 then I have to use the following steps to transform that point into the csys of part2.

1. Get the transformation matrix to go from part1 solid csys to assembly1 solid csys. ProAsmcomppathTrfGet

2. Get the transformation matrix to go from part2 solid csys to assembly1 solid csys and invert the matrix. ProAsmcomppathTrfGet, ProUtilMatrixInvert

3. Create a matrix that goes from part1 solid csys to part2 solid csys by multiplying the matrices from step 1 and 2. ProUtilMatrixMult

4. Transform the point. ProPntTrfEval

Hope this helps a little bit.

Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. I must apologize for the fact that asked you a question in the wrong topics, but Private Messenger doesn't work and when I saw you are online, I decide to take the opportunity to contact you.
Your explanation helped me a lot. Basically I was playing with the wrong features. Now, using coord sys everything went in the right direction and I can do what I want, either manually (using Transform) or with Pro/ToolKit. Thank you again for your help.

Regards,

Mike

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back