Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3dlabs Wildcat Realizm video cards

wolfymik

Has anyone had a chance to use Pro/E with the new 3dlabs Realizm
cards. If so, which version(s) of Pro/E and which model card did
you use?

Also, did you notice any difference in performance?

Thanks

Ok, it has been a while since my last post but thought that I would provide an update.

I tried the Realizm 100 card and ran into a few issues that are most likely driver related.

Please note that the issues I experience may only be related to the hardware setup I have:
Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
2GB OCZ Memory
Windows XP Professional x64

There was an issue with windows locking up at startup. 3dlabs provided a patch that resolved this issue and the card runs fine under windows after that. This issue is only related to Asus A8V Deluxe motherboards. The resolution was to disable the sideband accessing on the card.

The other issue I ran into was when I was running ProE Wildfire M260. The card would eventually lock and then the system would freeze. After trying multiple things to resolve the issue I finally just decided to return the card.

I was highly impressed by the support I recieved from 3dlabs. It was a lot better than I generally recieve from other manufacturers.

I am still in contact with 3dlabs regarding this issue and will post a response if they provide one.

I also have 3Dlabs card.
Here is mine configuration:
Intel Rock Lake D865PERL Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4E Prescott 3Ghz
2Gb RAm memory
3Dlabs Wildcat Realizm 100, 256Mb memory
Win XP Professional SP2

Problems I have faced are that in the beginning when all was new it worked perfectly, but almost a year after we got this PC it started problems. First almost every week cpu temperature went over 60 C, then when I;m working in Pro/E (WildFire 2.0 M130), after 1 hour everything start to get slowly (all programs in windows, notepad, windows explorer etc.). Then I must shut all down, and start again. Then really I don't know is this simply graphic card problem or entire system (well my guess was that first. CPU cooler is bad, second I need big tower instead mid, third I need brand name Power Supply).
Does anyone have similar problems?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back