Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3d dimensions

jkb

Gentlemen,

Two things, first off I can't seem to change dimensional font in the modeller. In the modify-dimension-properties, the text style- character scroll button is not highlighted. How do I get it to give me a selection of fonts? I have ttf files but do not know which directory to put them in or how to direct text style-character to it. hope this makes sense

Secondly I'm producing technical 3d shaded images and would like to adjust the line thickness and layout of the dimensions on screen when modify is selected on a part.

I've spent a while looking for solutions to no avail, now it's really starting to get get on my tits!

jkb

See if this helps. Frist have a folder of the desire font.

Second in your config.pro (pro_font_dir) tell it where it is.

Exit pro and now do properties.

Thanks

AS

especial,

Thanks for the suggestion. I put the command in the config.pro, set the directory to the windows tff font directory, exited, went to properties and .... Nothing, same problem. Any other ideas? I've been trying different commands in the config.pro but they're not working. I'm not putting it in wrong because I use the config.pro commands alot.

The problem is doing my head in. The dimension line thing also has left me vexed. Cheers jkb

jkb

See if this help. In folder proe2001 or this is where your proe files are locate . Look for a text folder and put 2 or 3 .tff file. Exit pro and now do properties. Let me know if it help or not.

Thanks

AS

AS,

Still no joy, I've phoned ptc support, spoken to a rather stern german lady who said she'd get back to me. She's just sent me an email stating unfortunately it is not possible to change the font or font size in part mode. Is this right? I'm in part mode sure but can't you get into it AS, thus proving Helder von unhelpfull-steign wrong?

I've tried what you've advised this time, still no effect. I ran a search in my proe directory for all font files, turns out there are font files with ndx, res, bin, and src extensions. Not sure if that helps to find a solution but there you have it. They say where there's a will there's a way, but my will power draining fast.

Cheers, jkb

jkb

Sorry I was think you were in Drawing Mode.If you dont mine sending me a zip file to see if I buy the german lady respond.

If its a small zip file email it to [email protected] and explain what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks

AS

AS,

sorry to go on but I want to get this 100% clear in my head. Is it possible to change the dimension font in PART MODE on proe 2001? I'm being told it isn't, only in drawing mode they say.

Thanks for the patience, I think you're probably in america or something and I'm in the Uk, hence the delay in corespondance (time difference.)

jkb

Yes you can change text dim. You can make it taller, wider, and change the angel of slant. I hope this answer your question.

Thanks

AS

Yes Iam in USA

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back