Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

3 Asterisks Appear in Drawing

mmadetzke

I'm not sure how this happened, but I think I deleted some references in my 3D model. Then when I opened my drawing, I have 3 asterisks (***) where a geometrical tolerance previously was. I have redimensioned everything and added new geometrical tolerances, but I cannot select, delete, or (it would appear) in any way modify the *** that is in my drawing. It does not appear to affect anything, except cause confusion for anyone who looks at the drawing. Has anyone experienced this before and how can it be remedied.

I have seen this happen in two cases both involving parametric notes. It you embed a symbol in a note with &sym(symbol_name) and then delete the symbol definition from the drawing it gets replaces with *** in the note. Also, if you embed a dimension in a note with &d## and then delete the dimension in the model through either feature redefinition or deletion it gets replaces with *** in the note. I suppose the same would happen with geometric tolerances. It is just PTC's way of showing you something is missing. You should be able to edit the text or delete it.

Dr Gallup is right

open the model and chenge the parameters value

after that Sheet /ad.replace

smiley2.gif

Cristelinjo

mmadetzke said:
Thanks. That all makes sense, however, I am unable to select the *** to delete it from my drawing.
Try regen draft, repaint etc. If that doesn't work, save to disk, erase from memory & open again.

To add to this topic It happens alsowhen parameters in dwg does not find it'ssource(s) anymore.

Ex. if you have a parameter in the model that ask for DESIGNER and youhave in your dwg a cell calling for "&designer" but is no longer present in the model it reports 3 *** because it does not find the source.

Beam

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back