Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

zoom issue

bboxster73

this is not the first time in witch this issue is exposed.
I'm using wildfire3 and have an NVIDIA graphic card QUADROFX 4600 on a DELL machine.
Panning zooming and rotating is very hard working on an assembly near 400 M.
The test with WIN32_GDI changes nothing.
Are there some setting in proengineer or in my graphic card witch I don't know and will help me to resolve this problem?
Thanx

Edited by: bboxster73

There is no straightforward answer or magic settingfor this and there are so many variables to what you could be dealing with and it depends heavily on what you are trying to do with the assembly.Seems like you have a prettyfast machine so unless you are dealing with thouands of parts or extremely complex geometry in your parts you shouldn't have too many issues.

Keep your model shaded when you are spinning, don't use the hidden line. Set up a rep that displays your assembly in "Geometry" by default and work in on-demand mode. Start using reps where you exlude hardware from your assembly. When you are in a large assembly you do not need to see every single tiny part on the screen, open the lower level assemblies for that. Those are just a few things you could start with.

I would look up all you can on LAM (Large Assembly Management) techniques. Simplified Reps are your best friend. Here is something that is free from PTC. Link

In the meantime, try some of these config settings but understand that they have side effects, test around with them to see what works best for you. These can also be changed from within Pro/E.

tangent_edge_display no

lods_enabled yes

display_silhouette_edges no

How many screens do you have? You begin to encounter problems when you have multiple screens. The reason I ask is because I have a similiar card, and I get the same problem.

Omar

tangent_edge_display no

lods_enabled yes

display_silhouette_edges no

BLENDED_TRANSPARENCY no

those setups help something....performance is improved...also I mad some setting at the graphic card.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back