Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

xtop.exe & norton int. sec. 2005 conflict

dacct

I am running into some problems w/ WF1since I loaded Norton Internet Security 2005.

WF1 runs totally fine when I start it the 1st time in a login session. The problem comes after closing WF1 and starting it again in that same login session. A Norton security alert window would keep poping up asking whether Iallow connection on all ports forthe xtop.exe process. I say "always allow..." but the window keeps coming up and WF1 takes forever to start. Then the Norton security alert window keeps coming up even after WF1 restarted. The only way to avoid this is to restart my comp...

Anyone running into this/having a solution?

Thanks!

I'm running wf2 and have seen the same thing. I seem to run for awhile and now I'm shutting down everytime I start to do a hole, pattern. I get all drag handles defined and as soon as I pick the check to finish it shuts Pro down.

Not sure what to look for other than the std.err file which has the following, RAISING SIGNAL : Signal number : 11

Any help would be appricated.

It can really mean just about anything but, in my experience, "Signal 11" is due to a video driver problem about 90% of the time. I would upgrade my video drivers to the latest version available on the manufacturer's website. If that doesn't work, revert back to the latest version of the driver that is certified by PTC.

Using the following config.pro option will disable the use of your video card's hardware OpenGL acceleration and force Windows to use your cpu for those calculations. If your problem goes away while using this option, then the problem is definitely video related.

graphics win32_gdi

-Brian

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back