Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

x64 Anyone?

peterbrown77

Has anyone achieved success in getting WF2 64-bit to operate with Intralink 3.3? I know that only 3.4 M020 is certified by PTC. I've been putting off upgrading to 3.4 and instead plan to go directly to Intralink8 when WF3 ships. In the meantime, I have some large assemblies that would really benefit from using x64.

I have been able to get 3.3 M021 to work on Windows XP x64, and also it inter-operates correctly with Wildfire 2 32-bit on this OS. However, when I install WF2 M140 64-bit, I cannot get ProE to connect to the workspace. It will launch ProE from the browser but it will run in the My Documents folder, not the WS. Even doing an Object>Open successfully launches Pro, but the part does not load into session, and again it does not connect to the WS.

Launching ProE standalone also does not prompt for an Intralink login.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Regards

Peter Brown

We have 3.4 andWF2 64 bit.

This version of WF2 will not communicate with the current version of Ilink.

The 64 bit version of 3.4 has not been released yet.

WF2 64 works great with PDMLink 8.0, but we are about 3-4 months from full production with PDMLink.

Bill

I haven't any experience with Intralink, but was thinking of dual booting Windows XP 64bit eitiion and taking a look at the 64bit edition of Pro.. is it fully compatable with the 32bit edition? it there anything strange about the install? any advice in general abuot it?

cheers,

James

Fully compatible with the 32bit.

This version of WF2 64 is really preproduction as it requires no license server connection.

It is not like other preproduction versions as there is no recommendation form PTC not to use this in production, it is just not the final version.

Bill

thanks bill, much appriciated! so just to clarify, when installing, I don;t need ot point to a licence. locked, single or triad.. I don't need to point it to an existing WF2.0 licence so essentially it's a "free" seat of Pro for 6 months? if I had 4 seats, I can now have 5 (for 6 months)

from PTC here

"The initial release of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 (Datecode M120) supported on Microsoft XP Professional x64 Edition, will be considered Preproduction and not require a licensing to run. Our intent is to enable our customers a chance to evaluate this exciting advancement in computing without the constraints of licensing. PTC is offering this Preproduction version with integrated Flex3C capabilities for a period of six months. "

I was reading it thinking it was too good to be true! a FREE flex 3c licence for 6 months! how bad, as they say!

Thanks for the help!

James

After wrangling and wrangling with it for 2 days, I have been unable to get 64-bit to connect to Intralink 3.3 or 3.4.

When I attempted to see if there was any performance gain in Pro/NC, I exported a mfg file to disk. I found that since it isunlicensed and Flex3c, it does not include access to Pro/NC; therefore it is useless to me. It told me that the license was needed, but there is no menu item "Floating Modules".

Guess I'll have to wait some more.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back