Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Working with sheetmetal

Thanks for the response/reply.

As I mentioned I am the NEW Cad Admin & need to fix their sheet metal environment.

I could spend the time to research through Machinery's Handbook or elsewhere,
but I am simultaneously installing PDMLink, which is a higher priority.

Most my previous sheet metal experience was to bend it up & externally dimension
& send to vendor to cut/bend. That method did not cause me to understand how,
where & why bend tables & *.mat files amtter.

This new place does this in house, so they care more about bend tables & *.mat
files. With the PDMLink install, I dont now have the time to learn a lengthy route.

So I was mainly looking for some existing bend tables & *.mat files, from a
location that has researched it well & does cut/bend in house. Or sends out of
house, but still cares about proper bend tables & *.mat files.

Any Help will much appreciated.

Thanks

[email protected]

If you want to do it correctly there actually only is one way, and that is to bend every gage of every material on every type of machine with every type of tool (at different bending angles and parallel and oblique to rolling direction), starting with a well defined reference size of sheet and precisely measuring the outcome.

Or take these figures - that match material, tool and machine - from someone else.

Only this way you can start - and end ! - with the same outside dimensions when you have to make a cabinet in 2 mm steel and the other in 3 mm aluminium (aluminum for the cross-atlantic colleagues).

Alex

Can people please use PM unless they have some more insight into this topic.

Thank you,

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back