Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Working with IGES import files

mgmad

Hi, this is probably a question thats been asked before but anyhow....

I've got some IGES 3D surfacefiles imported into Wildfire 2 and I wish to create a solid surface based on that 3D shape so that I can manipulate and cut it etc. What's the best way to go about doing this?

Cheers

Andrew

model tree<(imported feature)rmb<edit defination<(top menu)geometry<heal geom<manual.

Heal the geometry and solidify the same.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

basicly you got to get rid of all the light pink colors and make the
IGES geomery dark purple... we say hold water. Thats the zip
gaps part.

Hi guys, thanks for that I've done that and it looks heaps better but I still can't work out how to create a solid from the surfaces I've got now, anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Andrew

You are going to have to give us more info to proceed.
Either screen capture and upload the image to a post… or zip up the file
and post that… or if your product is proprietary and most are you might
have to get your disclosures signed and hire a professional on or off this board.

Basically the procedure is to try an IGES and or a STEP and
zip (not PKZIP) automatically or manually zip the gaps.
Another option is to go back in the native geometry using the original
tool and make adjustments there. There are
any number of problems that could stem from the original data. You can create and modify inside IGES edit
Definition too. (I am speaking on 'IGES Edit Definition functions' and 'Pro/SURFACE + ISDX' at the Three Rivers Pro/USER Pro/E User conference in Pittsburg in
October. If you live near there come
visit and say hi on October 17th You should always go to those user meetings because there is so much to learn for free!

http://members.ptcuser.org/eman/ShowEvent.phx?eid=eman.353

Edited by: design-engine

hi
you have 2 option to turn your 3d surface data into a solid.

1- make the imported surface a closed quilt, then create a protrusion-use quilt
2- make the imported surface a closed quilt, and redefine it - attribut - make solid.

But before you must close que imported surface. using healing menu and other stuff.
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back