Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windowblinds & Pro/E WF3, 4, 5...

indigo2

Anyone have any experience with running Pro/E Wildfire (any version) with windowblinds?
For those not familiar with windowblinds, here's a link:

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

Windowblinds allows you to customize, or 'skin' the Windows desktop. It does run with Pro/E, but I do have some issues, specifically with screen refreshes.

Thanks-

-tsl

I've encountered the same refresh issues with ProE. It doesn't do it with other apps, but it has a hard time with ProE for some reason. When it bothers me enough I switch back to the default XP skin.

Thanks for the reply. I am surprised by the low number of responses so far. I guess that not many people choose to modify the basic look and feel of their computer desktop. Maybe that's due to the extra compute overhead required for all of the bits of fancy window trim. Or, maybe it's something against Vista... (I'm still on XP, though)

I also find it odd that Pro/E seems to be the only program I run that has problems with windowblinds. Pro/Toolmaker, Mathcad, Isodraw, Pro/Concept all seem to run ok.

Perhaps some video card setting needs to be modified. I am running on a NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400, on a laptop. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks-
-tsl

I too am little surprised at the lask of responses. I do like the eye candy. Makes my daily computing environment a little more interesting.

For me:

Dell M60
NVIDIA Quadro FX Go700
WinXP SP3 (refresh issues in SP2 as well)

Hi,

This is some think that you should be taken up with PTC If you have got a current maintenance contract.

I personally prefer to use XP as Vista is a pain in several ways.

Why not just use a custom visual style rather than running Windowblinds? That's what I do. You have to patch the uxtheme.dll file (just google this, it's easy to find). Then you can go to deviantart.com or many other sites and find something that suits you.

Something that might be related - I use rainmeter to monitor my CPU, RAM and Swap. If one of the rainmeter "skins" (meters) is above the Pro/E window, it has refresh issues also.

Regards,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back