Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wind turbine blade design

bimbo666

Hi guys,

Did somebody design a Wind turbine blade design with this kind of airfoil NREL S809, I have a project -just for my own end-use-, to put a coupleof turbines on my father's ranchto approachenergy from the wind,so I'm stuck with the trully equations that I need to setup all my curves, to then make my blend -or maybe my VSS-, but nowis time to the experts show how they do.

It's possible that proe, can solve some equations at the same time or not?, this is a good way to keep my best lift coefficient thru all the different attack angles, and let proe to make the Surface.

Cause another way to I did was that I wrote a program in Mathlab, to calculate all the points tru every airfoil section

I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Regards

PAblo ULloa

Hi

In proe is posible solve eqations - best solution - use Mathcad- direct conections
If you have point of any cros section on the wind blade, you can import points to proe (in global reference) and make curve-airfoil, next step - create surface.

I will make for you wind blade for example - send to me points.

MaciejB.

I am particularly interested to see how mathlab interfaces with VSS tool.

We have had the major players in Turbine blade manufacturing come in for surfacing intensive over the years but non shared with me their process for deriving their geometry. Probably because they were still learning how to do it since they were in a class.... But I would think math is the way to drive the geometry.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back