Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire2 SE start up problem

GuyM

Hi,

Ihave formatted my hard disks recently and reinstalled Pro E Wildfire v2 student edition.

When I load up proE, the flash screen comes on the screen for 3-5 seconds, a small white box appears in the top left hand corner of the screen, and nothing happens after that.

It used to run well on my PC (specs as bellow), does anyone know what may have cause this error, and how to fix it? (Any suggestions please)

The errors that result are:

std.err: RAISING SIGNAL : Signal number : 11

std.out: Failed to initialize communications. Some features are disabled.

Thank you

Guy

Win XP sp2; AMD 939 3000+, GeForce 6600GT, Asus Deluxe M/board, 1GB DDR Ram, 2xSegate Hardisks

(I have the latest drivers for mu graphics card installed)

Thank you for your suggestion.

I can get on the internet and I am not connected to any other networks, are there other settings I should be aware of to enable?

Thanks

Guy

For internet you need modem if you are not connected to LAN.

try the dos command

ipconfig/all

if you can see the 12 digits ID then your LAN card is working otherwise not.

Israr

hi, i have a similar problem, but mine doesnt include any error messages.
i have both pro-e wildfire 2 student edition and unigraphics nx3 and they both used to work well on my laptop. but last week when i tried to run pro-e after a long time, it did not work. when i double click on the pro-e icon, the flash screen frame appears and after a few seconds it disappears and nothing else happens. (i had a look at the task manager and saw that just before the frame disappears- cpu usage increases to %100)
any suggestions ?
i tried to un-re installing , no use :(

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back