Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire batch not copying config.pro!

adfteh

Hello CAD Administrators. I've got a Pro-E issue that is baffling me. I'm currently running Wildfire 2.0, build M130 and Intralink 3.3, build MO22. Both Pro-E and Intralink are installed locally on my machine. A shortcut is then added to my desktop that points to a Pro-E batch file that resides on a network server that also contains a global config.pro, config.win, etc. For whatever reason, the batch file I use does not and will not copy the config.pro and config.win off the server into my local Wildfire text folder. Here are the lines from the batch file that I'm most concerned about:

@echo on
echo [Updating config files...]
xcopy /Y location of proe network drive\config.pro c:\ptc\proeWildfire 2.0\text\
xcopy /Y location of proe network drive\config.win.* c:\ptc\proeWildfire 2.0\text\config.win.*

Do the above statementsmake sense? Is the syntax wrong? It's supposed to copy the config.pro and config.win off the server down to the folders shown. But it doesn't! If I manually copy the config.pro and config.win off the server and paste them into the folder, voila! It works if I do that but that's not the intention and defeats the purpose. I'm clueless. Please help!!!!

Is that a space between "proeWildfire" and "2.0"? Try putting your destination in quotes.

xcopy /Y location of proe network drive\config.pro "c:\ptc\proeWildfire 2.0\text\"
xcopy /Y location of proe network drive\config.win.* "c:\ptc\proeWildfire 2.0\text\config.win.*"

<tg>
Edited by: telecomguy

Telecomguy,

I think your advice did the trick! I can't believe it was something that simple and it never occurred to me. Thanks a million!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back