Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 4 Training (upgrade from WF3)

gb123

I am looking for advice from users who have upgraded from WF3 to WF4. Is user training even necessary or can most users simply pick it up as they use it? We have about 12 users ranging from "occasional user" to "everyday user". In the past we have taken a 1-day update class for version upgrades. Thanks in advance.

Personally I never get update training, not b/c I don't
want to but b/c there's no budget for it :(

That being said, I think the transition from WF3 to WF4
is pretty straightforward and I don't think most users
would need training. One exception might be some of the
new features, like the ISDX style surface editing, or
the Auto Round feature.

Any features in particular that you are wondering about?

Thanks rklatte. No, nothing in particular. It sounds like sketcher has some nice additions. Any other major improvements that you really like?

Hey, sorry about not replying earlier. Haven't had time to check the boards...

Sketcher does have some nice additions - these make the sketch more easily visualized.

Anyway, I can't think of any other major improvements in any one area. I think the rendering and mechanism modules were enhanced, but I can't remember what offhand.

We took the course when we went from R20 to WF2. It definitely saved some time learning the GUI. I'm planning on going to WF4 sometime this year but the word from the top is "no unnecessary spending". Now I wouldn't put training in the "unnecessary" category but I'm sure the suits will.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back