Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 4 and missing menu options

Sean Powell

Hello,

I'm a long time user (since version 9) but new to this board. By now I should be comfortable with 'When PTC giveth, it also taketh away'. My company has recently upgrades to Wildfire 4.0 in preperation of skipping to Wildfire 6.0. Our transition was held up by the need to introduce Windchil to all divisions. Our IT department promied us that there were no major differences between WF2 and WF4 that would slow us down. We should have asked about the small differences as well. I have a number of questions and I am hoping people can help me with some answers. I appologize in advance if these have been answered elsewhere but I did not find them:

1) When redefining a sketch I can select a new sketching plane and the direction of feature creation but I can not choose to flip the direction of looking at the sketching plane or select a new reference plane or use the same reference plane as a different direction. Where have they hidden these menu pics? Some I can do through a re-route but not all.

2) In WF2 the clearance/interfereance calculation were bundled together. I can inefficiently do a 2-part clearance. I can't seem to do a volume interference between 2 parts I know interfere. Best I can get is the computer to try and calculate every possible interference in global (none of which interfere except for the 2 pieces I am specifcly looking for) and it doesn't actually give me a volume for any of them.

3) Can I get the old assembly menus back? Theconstraints are burried in menu-pics below menu-pics. It was much easier to assemble things when the references for all constraints were displayed alongside the constrainst they affected.

4) I used to have a mapkey to print all sheets (can't use the default printer and it is 13 mouse clicks to print/destination/more-printers/printer-name/ok/configure/B/ model/scale/0.95/ok/all-sheets/ok/repaint (the last becasue WF4 likes to leave half the printer menu stuck on my screen... Problem, if it is a multi-sheet drawing it prints but if it is a single sheet drawing the mapkey breaks when trying to select all-sheets. Any way to circumvent this?

That's what I can think of for now. We have daily complaints and are suffering project delays because of trivial stuff so we would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Sean

Don't know about the first 3 but the last one should be easy. WF4 still plots same as always so you should be able to configure a printer/plotter PCF file & make everything go in one pick.

Same issue

We just upgraded from wildifire 2.0 to 4.0 (We are a few years slow)

Did you ever find a solution to the sketch issue?
It seems like there is no way to pick the direction of my sketch or reference planes.

You can pick the direction by going to (from within sketcher) Sketch > Sketch Setup...> and clicking on "Flip"

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back