Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

wildfire 4.0 sheetmetal

vandewinckel

Good Afternoon

Has anyone used Wildfire 4.0 Sheetmetal. Im using the pre-production version. When I create a flat wall and try to attach a formed wall to the flat it asks me to select a an edge, I select an edge (In wildfire 2.0 the edge you select is an inside edge) In Wildfire 4.0 the default seems to betheoutside edge (It doesn't ask you for an outside or inside edge or does it tell you toe select an outside edge). Im using a copy of my wildfire 2.0 config.pro in wildfire 4.0 so my config settings are the same. Is there a config setting used in wildfire 4.0 for default edge inside or outside that wildfire 2.0 doesn't need. Or is this a pre-production bug that was fixed in the released version.

Thank

Steve
Edited by: vandewinckel

That was Pre-Production, have you tried the Production version?

The edge selection in WF4 has changed from WF2 and WF3 and this was intentional because of the issues that were seen with the Flip Wall functionality. So PTC has changed the edge selection and removed the Flip Wall from the default interface (can be added back with a CONFIG).

Try the production version.

my suggestion is to not load a config.pro when experimenting with a new software version. After a good 30 or more hours slowly add one line of your old config.pro file. I teach classes all over the states and notice to many times hi-end users using old config.pro files where those same users never learn the new tools. Their systems admin people load the old config.pro file and the users never learn the new query selection tools for example.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back