Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Why is it so hard to find postprocessors?

94lester

Hi I'm new to manufacturing but I know my way around Pro/E.
I have inherited a beautiful Bridgeport Interact 412 (my
first big toy!!) and I have Pro/E wf2.
It runs on a Heidenhain TNC 2500 but I cannot find a post
processor anywhere! A point in the right direction would be
much appreciated.

It's a lot of work (time + $$) to make your post perfect... also, every company (or operator
smiley17.gif
) has different standards and ideas for the actual code, therefore it's hard to make "one fit all" solution. I know, that's not much help to your question, but that's reality. For what it's worth, I believe that ProE comes with one or two generic Heidenhein posts - it's not much, but it's a good starting point.

Hello Lester

As marker quite rightly states, ProE comes with a very basic library of PP's and you will probably need to modifythe HeidenheinPost to suit your specific needs. Off the top of my head the list of PP's has improved since WF2

The other thing you need to check (if you are planning on using ProE for NC programming) isthat you have Pro/NC on your seat of Pro/E.

I'd be intersted to discuss things further with you and have sent you a PM with my email. Based around Manchester area.

Ben

www.edgepd.co.uk

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back