Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Why in the FREAK....

prohammy said:
Verge,

Generally speaking, if I can't place a ballon on an item that is hidden (deep down inside an isometric view) and if putting a second iso view at a different orientation isn't going to help, then I do a detail view from one of the orthographic views

I know its a bit lazy, but I gotta be honest, getting the drawing done is usually the priority

Kev

Verge,

To add to the above quote, there is another technique that I often employ (this is the bit that I can't believe that I didn't put in the original post).

There is this marvelous thing called an exploded view which will reveal all sorts of hidden parts etc

How stupid I am.......
smiley9.gif

Kev

Yeah, we're just beginning to explore that here. We don't really have a lot of really intricate assemblies here, but on occasion an exploded view comes in handy.

We're generally pretty stodgy around here, but hey, we're engineers - whadja expect, right? Give us a front, top and right view with an isometric and we're happy.

All of this could be more of a hassle - we could be using a drafting table, compass and slide rule. I've done it quite a bit, and actually rather enjoyed the physical act of drawing the lines myself - a little more like artwork in a way. I have also seen veteran engineers who can fly with a drafting table. Those guys would probably laugh at all the hassles we go through with Pro-E!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back