Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Which tutorial should I choose ???

Juju

Hello,

I am learning Pro/Mechanica wdf2 by myself and I need some advice... I have almost completed the tutorial called "Strucure tutorial : A click by click primer" and I would like to start to work with a new one.

I went on www.schroff.com to check the other tutorials. I have found :

"Strucure : Elements & Applications (idealization)"

"Strucure : Elements & Applications - part 2 (studies & connections)

These 2 tutorials seems to be very similar to the one I am completing, what do you think about ?

I have also found "Motion : Mechanism design & analysis". This one seems interesting but I would prefer to study "structure" at the beginning.

What should I do. What is the best to do in order to improve quickly and seriously ?

Thanks for your help
smiley2.gif

Edited by: Juju

Hi.

I am not the one that can give you advice, but I want to ask you something: Do you have any tutorial that deals with Independent mode of Pro/Mechanica. I would like to get into it.

Help me!! Please!
smiley1.gif

Hi Juju,

Can I ask that are u aware the mechanism mode of assembly module ? If u know, then u must be knowing that to start mechanism analysis the assembling procedure of each component is different than common procedure. It consists of constrain the components w.r.t. joints needed. In short mechanism analysis consist of KINETICS and DYNAMICS. Hence during anlysis u should have knowledge of both in depth.

So if u r first comfortable with structural analysis then it would be easy for u to start on Motion analysis.

And please wait for the reply of others, may they can give more information than I gave.

Thanks,

Bimal

Hi Bimalpsheth,

Indeed, maybe I should begin to study Motion analysis... But in fact, I think that I have still lots of things to learn about structure analysis, that is why I want to learn more about that before starting Motion... But I don t know if there are intersting tutorials about that...

If any one has some advice...
smiley2.gif

Hi Juju,

I would like to say that please don't wait for any tutorial material. Because I don't think that anyone will send u on ur personal id. If u really want to do something in analysis then please take the reference of our 'textbook of Machine design'. Make any model like beam, bracket etc. and apply ur mechanical fundamental to that component for analysis. And if u find any problem then please put it on this site.

May be this method be misguiding for u. But initially my position was like u. And at that time no one had sent me any tutorial. So, I can understand ur condition.

Have a bright future.
smiley1.gif

Thanks,

Bimal

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back