Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

what extensions have to use

satyaskand

hi,

can any one please tell me in what format i have to save file such that it can be open in previous versions of pro/engineer.

I have designed one component in wildfire 5 in my PC, but my work place we are using wildfire 4. so please kindly any one give me the solution.

thanking you

Satyaskand,

Pro/Engineer is not backward compatible. WF5 files cannot be opened in WF4 or earlier versions. The only way to get it into WF4 is to export as an igs file or other type of 3D model, but then you lose all parametric data.

Thanks.

John

Depending on what you need to do GCRI might be useful. It's a free download with a PTC account. You can open files in previous versions and see the feature list of the model. You can't modify the existing features but you can add new ones and open the files with the new changes in WF5.

Link to download page:

http://www.ptc.com/products/granite/gcri/free-download.htm
Edited by: kdem

thank you both John and Kdem, for your suggestions, I will try with your both ideas, if there is any other way please let me know.

thank you,

Skand

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back