Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF4 & Intralink?

cpodom

I have heard that Wildfire 4 will not currently work with Intralink. We are planning on upgrading to WF4 by summer and are currently on Intralink 3.4 m40; we will upgrade to PDM Link by the end of 2008. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Does anybody see a problem with this?

Curtis Odom

I did hear something to that effect. We just switched to PDMLink (Windchill) and I believe this was part of the reasoning. We're going to upgrade to WF4 at the end of the year. Another reason was we will be switching our computers to 64bit machines in the next year or so, and from what I was told, this is part of the justification. Don't know if this helps, but you may have to get your intralink upgraded to 8.

-justin

In my own testing I have created new parts; assemblies; both with family tables and our company parameters in WF4. These have been checked into and out of Intralink without any problems. Can anyone shed some light on what the problems are supposed to be?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Curtis

The object information window may not have model previews.

You are the second person that I know of besides my self that has set-up WF4.0 with Ilink3.4 and cannot figure out what doesn't work properly.

Last year at band camp (PTC/USER), PTC told everyone that it would be a monumental task to get WF4.0 to work with INTRALINK 3.4.

The main problem is that WF4 is not supposed to work at all with Intralink 3.4 until build m060 becomes available. They also want an additional 10% above the current maintenance costs to supportM060 for an additional year.

Smells like marketing

Joe

Our VAR told us not to bother paying for the "extended support". We're currently on WF 3.0 M090 and Pro/I 3.4 M020. I figure we'll get Pro/I M060 when it comes out, and then move to WF 4.0 soon thereafter...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back