Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF4 exits on loading config.pro

SRINIVASANIYER1

Dear CAD Administrators,
I have recently loaded WF4. I have painstakingly,
created my config.pro. However, when I load the file,
proe exits prematurely. I tried to have this file in the
startup folder too. But then proe does not load at all.
I initially thought it to be a problem of RAM. I now
have 2.4 GB ram and a 128 MB display card (Intel).
Can somebody help me fix the problem.
I have attached the config.pro.

10_030210_CONFIG.zip">2009-01-10_030210_CONFIG.zip

You may have a graphic card problem. Did you try graphics win32_gdi or use_software_opengl yes in your config.pro to bypass the driver of your card ?
If its not a graphic problem, you have to find the line which makes ProE crash.
You cut your config.pro in half and try the first half. On crash repeat the procedure with that part config, otherwise use the other part and so on. Hopefully you can identify the line.
Load sequence of config.pro
- \loadpoint\text
- home directory
- startup folder
Later statements overwrite earlier ones.
Good luck

Reinhardt,
I tried as instructed by you. I now have loaded M060. I
have painstakingly went about it line by line. It is now
working. Though I could not put my finger on the fault.
Thank you very much.

I had the same problem when I created my config.pro first.

The problem just disapperaed without making any change to the file.

I am grateful that it works now. The computer or proE might had to get used to the new config ;-).

You might check the order of the parameters in the file. Some options must come before others. I ran in to this a couple of years ago and ended up talking to customer support before we found it. The order that they show in the config.pro editor is not always the order that they appear in the file. Look at your config.pro using notepad or some other text editor. If you cut and pasted the file together you may have the same issue I did.

I have a similar problem. Using WF 4 Pro/E exits on loading any config.pro even if I save thedefault config settings to a .pro file (wherethere areno errors) . Interesting... Pro/E loads its default settings on startup but when I reload these original settings from the .pro file it exits. Placing the config.pro file to the /text directory makes Pro/E not loading in. What can be the problem?

huron said:
I have a similar problem. Using WF 4 Pro/E exits on loading any config.pro even if I save thedefault config settings to a .pro file (wherethere areno errors) . Interesting... Pro/E loads its default settings on startup but when I reload these original settings from the .pro file it exits. Placing the config.pro file to the /text directory makes Pro/E not loading in. What can be the problem?

from [url]https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=/144406 .htm[/url]

Delete the configuration options

I'm running M100 on a windows 7 pc, and can't get WF 4.0 to load my saved configurations. First Pre/E saves the config file as current_session.pro instead of config.pro. I tried renaming and saving into the startup directory. This didn't work. I then found the previously existing config.pro file in a "jlink" directory on my C drive. Replacing that file with my config.pro file still does not allow me to load my saved configuration. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I just found another post that answered my question. I saved the config.pro file into the text directory and the problem was solved.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back