Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF3 Installation woes in Linux

MichailS

Hi.

After a long chain of grief I finally managed to make WF3 install and run in SuSE Linux 10.1! For all of five minutes and then the whole computer hung hard.

Someone told me the ATI 8.25 drivers for my FireGL are bad so I worked for an hour until I got 8.24 to work.

Then I found that the PTCSETUP utility for FlexNet all of a sudden decided to change the NIC that my license is tied to. I have two NICs in my computer, one integrated on the mobo that is connected to the network and another PCI NIC that is used only for the license. Now PTCSETUP demands that my license be tied to the integrated NIC. >_<

Any ideas on how the heck I get around this? Can I point to a certain NIC in PTCSETUP?

Or should I reassign eth0 & eth1 in SuSE in some way? They do look like they did when I installed the system in the first place, but it is hard to tell if something got changed.

I think I have located the problem.

My license NIC had eth0 when I first installed the the OS. Now it is eth1.

Can I make the ptchostid or cpu_id look at eth1 instead of eth0?

Oh well. I found out I can remap the aliases for eth0 and eth1 in Linux, so I got it to work eventually.

On the next reboot, PTCSETUP wanted the MAC of eth1 instead...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back