Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 5 Sketched Datum Point problem

nilmani

I am not getting the "sketched datum point" menu.
The help system says there would be the sketched datum point option but in our my WF5 Insert-->Model Datum-->Point gives only three options: Point, Offset coordinate system, Field but the sketched datum point option is not there. Also, models created in WF4 with sketched datum points could be opened in WF 5 but if I edit definion of these datum points they get converted to sketches.

Thanks for your help.
-
nilmani

I would say either you're reference is wrong or you're misreading the
text, without seeing what is written. Sketched datum points are created
in a sketch feature.

kdem said:
I would say either you're reference is wrong or you're misreading the

text, without seeing what is written. Sketched datum points are created

in a sketch feature.

Probably I couldn't explain my problem clearly. Let me try again. Sketched datum points are created as datum point features. For example, the screen shot from WF4 (which is still there in my computer), shows Datum Point id 39 that was created using the sketched datum tool I have marked there. There are four items under that tool:In WF5 I am not getting the four options, only three are being shown.

Sorry, the image was not uploaded. Here it is:View attachment 5574View attachment 5575View attachment 5576

Edited by: nilmani

kdem said:
It doesn't show from the picture and those directions but they are pre-WF5. Here are the directions listed in the WF5 help.

View attachment 5579View attachment 5580

Thanks. Geometry points created in a regular sketch do serve as datum points. However, our WF5 (Release: Wildfire 5.0, Date Code: F000, Service Contract Number: 2A91419) still shows following about the sketched datum points in the help system and hence the confusion. Again, thanks for the help.
View attachment 5581

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back