Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 4 IDD vs WF 2 Automated Srface Cleanup

mgnt8

The new IDD is better - when it works. Depending on the import data, 'Repair' is sometimes greyed out and Define Gap' won't select anything. When this happens, I go back to WF 2's old Geometry repair. Not as refined but a lot less picky. Just had a part that WF 5 IDD couldn't do a thing with but Automated Surface Cleanup whipped it right together.

I've noticed a lot less Help information on IDD & data exchange in general compared to other areas.
Anyone else have problems with the new IDD? Is the old way better?

I agree, the new IDD doesn't seem to have the controls that WF2-3 had. The ability to move vertexs and get rid of vertexs does not seem to be available. I have the same problem as mgnt8....sometimes the new IDD doesn't seem to want to fix anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Move Vertex is there - you have to select Modify icon - looks like a pencil - or under the IDD top menu. Above them are 'Modify', which moves the cv's of curves and 'Math Properties' which lets you tug on surface cv's & knots.

My problem is with Repair & Define Gaps - half the time you just can't use them. You can move geometry all over the place, but its no good if you can't zip up the gaps. And the documentation on IDD is minimal, so good luck figuring it out on your own.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back