Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WELDS VISIBILITY

Marek60

Question about welds, Wildfire 2 Drawing module

Does anybody know how to permanently blank/hide weld style lines on the higher level of assembly drawing?

Welds could be defined only on the assembly level and it it is
desirable to me see the welds only on the fabrication shop drawing. I don't
want to see welds on the higher level assembly drawing, where the
visible weld's style lines becomes confusing and not serving the
purpose.

The "blank" function is not working for welds.

Using the " hide" command is not a good and practical solution for this particular issue.

How I can control weld visibility?

Thank you for help in advance.

Thank you Victor,

It is looking to me like there is no layer assigned to the welds, or I don't know how to find it.

Weld is presented on the drawing with the magenta color line. The same as threaded holes.

Hi!

you can create the layer with caracteristicas to add features (like weld) into it. I'm not sure if the layer's cosmetic can working for it.

Your template have layers predefined?

best regards!

arroyopr said:
Try creating simpl. Reps. include or exclude what ever you need and bring them to the drw.

This would be nice and will resolve all of my concerns about welds
presentation on the drawings. Unfortunately I can't exclude the weld
from simpl. rep. because WF, doesn't

recognize this particular selection and won't exclude thr welds from assembly.

Thank you for your input.

Your right, but I was still able to hide the weld on assy. And one way to have to diferents view is you could do a FAMILY TABLE with suppress feature

Like an earlier poster said, use layers. You should be able to turn off the cosmetic or surface per assembly. e.g. Assy_a goes into Assy_b, turn off the layer containing your welds in Assy_a on the drawing for Assy_b. Hit the Plus sign next to the layer and find the assembly that you want to shut off. Right click on the assembly in the layer tree and hide. Then save status.

Hope this helps.

Thank you to all posters.

The idea with creating new layer for welds is o.k over all, but is not
useful for me. This is explanation why. This is how I am working: for
simple few components weldment (let say 5 parts) I am creating (5)
simplified representations, one for each component. Each one is serving
me for purpose of detailing the parts.

Unfortunately, each one is carry on the weldment, which I don't need on my detailed drawing.

The assy drawing is serving purpose to show the welds and some of
dimensioning. This is why I can't turn of weld layer, because all my
weld will gone.

The best lesson to me is not to use isolated simplified representations parts, only the original .prt models. Thanks again.

Marek60

Good news for you.

You can still use layers, as you can set the layer status for each view individually, if you need it. Seems to me that's your solution.

Sip

Why would you create simp. reps for each component? When you are in the drawing, just add the model to your drawing. You can then create views and detail each component seperately without any welds showing.Then you don't have to worry with the simp. reps for a component. Then as was stated many times before, have a layer created that will turn the welds on/off in each next up assembly drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back