Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Weight Parameters

I pasted my response below from another thread that you may have found by searching htese forums.....

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21 986&KW=adkins+mass&PN=0&TPN=3 [/url]

If you're using WF2.0, and are using the "Generate Report" button, there is no need to create a separate parameter or a relation to drive it...

just use the new system parameter pro_mp_mass

(I think this has already been pointed out earlier in the thread)

Then, on the drawing, you can put the note "MASS = &pro_mp_mass kg"

Note that, in WF2.0, there are now two system parameters holding the mass
<UL>
<LI>mp_mass("") (this is the 'old-school' one)
<LI>pro_mp_mass (this is the new one)</LI>[/list]

Simply running a Model Mass Properties using the Analysis menu no longer updates either of these values. The Analysis menu method is simply for reporting the current mass without impacting the parameters (i.e. for a what-if on a simplified rep or something).

To get the system params to update, you need to use the Generate Report method. Same goes for the other mass-props params like area, volume, etc.

excerpt from: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=122900
"Description
-----------------
When calculating mass properties through the analysis menu, model parameters (Pro_mp_mass) are not updated,
whether the config.pro option:"Mass_property_calculate" is set to "Automatic".

Alternate Technique
-----------------
After changing model dimension, Select #Edit;#Setup;#Mass Props;#Generate Report;
the PRO_MP_MASS value will appear correctly.

Resolution
-----------------
This is correct behavior, the analysis feature is not designed to change mass properties to avoid overwriting
of model mass properties with possible temporary results, for example in case of simplified representations.
"

-Brian

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back