Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Want to know ’Force load’

jesband

I am really happy to find this great place! Recently I have to struggle to handle with Pro/Mechanica. So nice!

Actually, as long as I know, I can get the displacement output once I set up any load as an input parameter. But what I want to do is to know the force when I give the known displacement information as a displacement constraint.

My understanding from other softwares like Ansys or ABAQUS is that I have only to get 'reaction force' at one point. Like I add one point by connecting a few rigid elements onany curve/line of the feature and then set the displacement constraint at the point and then from the analysis result I can get the reaction force at the point. That was my comprehension to solve that problem.

But I can't do that, for I don't know how to use that kind of rigid elements to connect between a line and one desired point.

Could you please let me know how I can get the forcecorresponding to the displacement input?

Thank you in advance!

View attachment 971you

- add one point (PNT1)on the surface and one point (PNT0)underneath it.

-create a rigid connection between PNT1 and the surface.

- create a beam with a very high stiffness between PNT1 and PNT0

- constrain the point PNT0

- now you have your reaction force

View attachment 972

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back