Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Volume of the solid

raghavmc

hello guys I modeled a tapered hallow section in Pro/E I want the material volume.. please guide me in measurement

I can even mail you the model

There is probably a more mathimatical method. But, if you want it quick:

Note the volume of your "tapered hollowed section".

Add a protrusion that fills in your hollow section.

Note the new volume.

Subtract. This is the "empty" volume.

Delete the last protrusion.

If you have added the feature and there are not dependents you can measure the volume of the entire part, then supress the hollow section and remeasure. The difference is the volume youmeasured before.

I think he need the volume of whole part,
Go to analysis>model>mass properties>preview..
it will show volume.

NoTE: for correct mass, u need to apply appropriate material to the part.

This may work, but there are two long bars inside... so I have to start from the scratch... anyways thank you for the reply :)

Roger said:
There is probably a more mathimatical method. But, if you want it quick:

Note the volume of your "tapered hollowed section".

Add a protrusion that fills in your hollow section.

Note the new volume.

Subtract. This is the "empty" volume.

Delete the last protrusion.

Sir I dint find any option like SURPRESS hallow section.. please enlighten me on this

jraquet said:
If you have added the feature and there are not dependents you can measure the volume of the entire part, then supress the hollow section and remeasure. The difference is the volume youmeasured before.

Yes you are correct I need volume of the whole part, I did as you instructed, I also got values when I preview button (spectacles button) but the thing is when I try to highlight the object. there no response. so I doubt that some other volume is also included in those values

s_pme20 said:
I think he need the volume of whole part,

Go to analysis>model>mass properties>preview..

it will show volume.

NoTE: for correct mass, u need to apply appropriate material to the part.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back