Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Views of Flexible Components

tdculbert

How does one control the state of a flexible component in drawings?

I've created a component with flexible features (meaning I set up flexibility and specify two different features as flexbile. In an assembly I will then select with feature will be active and which will be hidden. See: http://www.profilesmagazine.com/p34/mongilio.html)
My specific application involves a flat piece of material being bent later in the assembly process. Since on the floor, both representations are the same piece of material, I'm trying to maintain a "one pro/e file - one workpiece" organization, rather than creating new files for each permutation of the workpiece.

I would like to create a drawing of only the flat feature. However, both features appear when I create drawings. How does one control the flexibility on the drawing level?

tdculbert,

if you use sheetmetal to make the part you can have a "flat state" and show that in the drawing as well as the formed state. It does come out as a family table part.

cheers...

M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back