Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

viewer

James2

Hi all,

I wonder wether it is possible for none Proe user to open a model and manipulate it (turn around, zoom in and out).

Like a viewer or some thing else

thanks

AutoVue does it. Its demo version is free to download.

By the way product view express is installed with ProE and it does the same.

Israr

Hi Israr,

Where can I find product view and/or AutoVue.

Thanks in advance

James
Edited by: James2

Hi Wsylvester,

I already found Product viewer from PTC.

But the problem is after I have download it, I cann't find it any more.

So mu question is how to find it and how to run it.

Thanks again

James

but there again if you opened and didn't save as then it should of installed itself, you can find that under

start>settings>control panel> general>settings>view objects

at least i think it should show up there.... i don't use it myself

btw James..I've been to Oostende ...but that was many years ago
smiley19.gif

There is an excellent viewer called 'eDrawings' available. The free version allows anyone to access and manipulate proE parts, assemblies, or drawings, so long as they are first 'published' as an eDrawingfrom within ProE. This 'publisher' facility is also free. The pofessional version, for which you pay, allows you to create eDrawings which can be measured, sectioned, and notated by anyone using the free viewer. I provide these eDrawings to both customers and manufacturers; they are an ecellent tool for manufacture or discussion. I include the following note, with the files, for my customers etc;

A free eDrawings viewer for viewing .eprt and .easm files may be obtained from http://edrawings.geometricsoftware.com/

Help this helps

HI ,I'm from china!!! Certainly there have many free eDrawings viewr for viewing.

i use the (deep exploration)tool to do that!

Lee Braden said:
There is an excellent viewer called 'eDrawings' available. The free version allows anyone to access and manipulate proE parts, assemblies, or drawings, so long as they are first 'published' as an eDrawingfrom within ProE. This 'publisher' facility is also free. The pofessional version, for which you pay, allows you to create eDrawings which can be measured, sectioned, and notated by anyone using the free viewer. I provide these eDrawings to both customers and manufacturers; they are an ecellent tool for manufacture or discussion. I include the following note, with the files, for my customers etc;

A free eDrawings viewer for viewing .eprt and .easm files may be obtained from http://edrawings.geometricsoftware.com/

Help this helps
Definitely recomend eDrawings, if you save as eDrawings Executable Fikles(*.exe) then it can be viewed without having any software installed.

I agree with what Lee writes about eDrawings.

But I think he forgott to mention one of the best features: the publisher can make an exe-file wich includes both the 3D-model and the viewer!

Then the receiver of the file doesn't have to find and download anything!

Hi guys,

I'm so sorry, I have download e-drawing but it doesn't work for Proe.

Only for autocad drawing.

So.......I still have none

James

James, you cannot view the native ProE file with the eDrawings viewer. First you must create the eDrawing (which will have the extension .eprt or .easm, depending on whether an individual part or an assembly) by using the eDrawing publisher. After installing the (free) publisher you will find a new icon on your ProE main toolbar which allows you to publish the required file. I currently use Wildfire 3, and also used it with previous versions.

ProductView Express is the best option as it does not require any pre-publishing of your data. If your data is under PDM control, then you will have to backup the files from Pro/E for PVX to see them. PVX is a plug-in to IE, not a standalone program.

Hi guys

both options are best. Product veiw express is best to visulize a pro user, and edrawings is best for all related persons or vendors/suppliers who are not pro users. u can download edrawings by website. and for product veiw express, just open side panel(browser) in wf window or go folders tab and click on any part or assy file, the product veiw express will install automatically for the first time and then u can view files in internet browser by double clicking it or by rmb>>open with pvx.

The ability forPVX to view the pro/e files depends on whether the correct information is embedded in the pro/e file when you save it. To do this the following config options have to be set;

save_drawing_picture_file

save_model_display

Viewable files are often huge in size when compared tonon-viewable versions.

Hi Kwillo

the option 1 isonly for preview of your drawings and also control opening preview of drawings. the option 2 is always brings your last display when ever you open your part or assy file again. if u dont set these, u can easily preview part or assy files with pvx.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back