Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Very beginner with ProMechanica,PLZ help

chrisu

I'm having problems using assembly made of 2 pipes inserted one into another. I get the noteThe design study terminated abnormally.

"The model is insufficiently constrained for the analysis.
Please review the element connections, properties, and
constraints."

Do one has to use any connection or fasteners? Is assembly specification not enough to connect two parts? Of course I specify constraints in this case which i assume to be enough.Can anyone help? I can send files and some printscreens? Plz

Just wanted to attach more detail. I used rgid connection in this approach and it looks strange as they weren't connected after all.And the first pipe's end moves without the other one having moved.I tried weld spot as well but mesh couldn't create all elements. What should I do?
proba_prawie_udana.jpg

Hi,

You will have to define the connection b/w two components.INSERT<COnnection<Fastners for boltng connection or Insert<Connection<Interface if you want to join the two surfaces.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back