Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Vertical Format

Set paper size as in vertical and then plot to portrait paper size.

Edit: I realized you want to plot Landscape oriented drawing to Portrait paper. There is an option on the Printer tab in Printer Configuration window (Plot > Configure), but it is greyed out.

However any printer should be able to automatically adjust paper orientation based on the size of plot. So, if you plot A2-sized landscape-oriented plot to A4-sized portrait-oriented paper printer driver should automatically rotate the plot to suit the paper size.

Edited by: skraba

Actually, I want a drawing border the is, say for instance, 11" hx 8-1/2" wnot 8-1/2" h x 11"w. But whenthe page setup is not recognizing avertical format.

To get the rotation option under the Printer tab you'll need to set the printer up using the Postscript Printer template. I've gotten it to work on the desktop printers and curently working with our plotter. Although I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Actually it's pretty straightforward (not!) - I'm guessing you want the format to be rotated?

Open format, first rotate draft borders by using Transform > Rotate & Translate. Then RMB and Page Setup. Click Define, Grid Outline and Pick Box. Then select lower left and upper right corner of the rotated draft. Now you should have vertical format.

jelston said:
Actually, I want a drawing border the is, say for instance, 11" hx 8-1/2" wnot 8-1/2" h x 11"w. But whenthe page setup is not recognizing avertical format.

When you create the drawing...

uncheck "Use default templet" click ok

Choose "Empty"
Choose "Portrait"
Choose the standard size desired or define a custom size.

This will create a drawing in the orientation you desire.

Creating a format for that size orientation works much the same way.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back