Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Version in IGES-file

Danny DHondt

Hi,

Does any one know a way to make visible the version of the differentparts when we make an iges-file of an assembly? At the moment ProE only takes the name and not the version so we can't see, if it is version A or B. Is there a way so ProE also takes the version in the name of the IGES-file.

What is a "version"; family table instance, dot ##, simp rep, ...?

The short answer is probably; No. The info can be manually added to the IGES file or there may be some way to 'hack' it. Some programs expose adialog to enter header information but I haven't (?) seen anything similar in Pro/E.

One option that comes to mind; append the info to the name when exporting; i.e. new name "prt0001_ver_info.igs". That will be used as the Product ID.
Edited by: jeff4136

With a version I mean a revision.

At the moment after the creation we change the name of the iges-file by adding the revision eg: dor-k78l110-a, that's how we do it at the moment. I wonder if ProE can do this automatically.

When you make an iges of a part you can choose the name, but when you make an iges of an assembly, the name of the different parts can't be choosen.

Not that I know of, for what little that's worth.

You must be keeping some sort of change record document. File a copy with the IGES or append it (in text form) to the end of the IGES if you want to insure they don't get separated.

Maybe someone else knows better. Using any document management software?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back