Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Variable Section Sweep User Interface

Maike13

I haven't used the variable section sweep in ProE before and the user interface is really confusing me. I have an existing part as an example that includes a variable section sweep and need to make a similar part. However, if I do an Edit Definition on the sweep feature in the existing part, I get this Interface:

View attachment 5556

whereas if I try and create a variable section sweep in my new part, the interface looks completely different - like this:

View attachment 5557

What am I doing wrong? I'm using Wildfire 4.

Thanks,
Mike

on your second image.
- first two options ate for solid or surface sweep.
- After that expand References below that and select trajectories for sweep.
- After that you will be able to sketch section (TThird icon on image)
- Select other options as required (tangency, remove material, thick section, material side)

You are seeing two interfaces because your existing part was made in an earlier release before the variable section sweep feature was redone in the dashboard format. For what ever reason, anytime you do an edit definition on an old feature Pro/E reverts to the old user interface. One might have thought that the software could handle the translation to the new user interface but evidently that's not the case. It's not just variable section sweeps that have this problem. Lots of (if not all) features do.

Thanks dr_gallup for explaining that for me. It would never have occurred to me that my example part might use the interface from when it was created rather than the current one. Wildfire 4 is the first version I've used otherwise I guess I might have recognized the interface from an older release.

And thanks s_pme20 for the pointers on how to use the interface options. I'm just starting to get into some of ProE's more advanced features and need all the help I can get :)

Thanks Srini. Looks like you can do a lot with this feature if I can
figure out how everything works. The links you provided should help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back