Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

UV-Mapping in ProE

Nborg

If I want to use a different application to do my rendering, like Maya or Maxwell or something else, how can I map my parts so thatI can texture them in the other application?

Thanks!

hmm you can export your models or assembly from PROE and than import it to Studio Tools or 3D Studio MAX... there are many ways to do this .. I have to say that I didnt try it but I will, it must be very powerful.. You can find many useful things around this issue by SEARCH function..
Good luck.

Do you already have them mapped in Pro-E?

If not, why would you do that in Pro-E?

For example, if you save to IGES, Step, STL or other CAD formats and import that to Carrara 5 Pro, e.g. as vertex models, you could do the uv mapping in there. I am sure you could do the same in Maya, 3DSMax or whatever you decide to use.

Do you have materials that actually need uv mapping, or are you talking about decals?

I use Pro/E Render format to export in that case.
It is similar to STL but it splits the parts based on color wich makes selection and texturing in other rendering softwares very easy.

Hello,

If you have a little money, you can use Acrobat3D for this job.

Acrobat 3D is able to make a "ScreenShot" of your part textured in Pro/E and create a PDF 3D of that screenshot. Next you can edit it in Acrobat 3D Toolkit, export it in .OBJ, Max, or Maya (with that extension: [url]http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/rh_cad_modules/modul es/downloads/Acrobat3DConnectorPack_4.0.0.exe [/url])

I've make some tests and it looks quite easy. In addition, in these operations your model keep the textures

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back