Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Using the filter & parameter together

rpiatt

I'm having trouble using the filter with a parameter together. Below is an earlier post from another user that was trying to call out sub-asm's. I am trying to call out info from a family table, and not an assembly. The code they used didn't work for me(&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM == "S01"). Is there something different I have to use? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

"Hi,

I have the same situation and i had overcome it by simply adding additional parameter in the parts. Say for example,

for Part_1:

parameter: SUB_ASM and its value S01 (for sub-assly 01)

for Part_2:

parameter: SUB_ASM and its value S01 (for sub-assly 01)

for Part_11:

parameter: SUB_ASM and its value S02 (for sub-assly 02)

for Part_12:

parameter: SUB_ASM and its value S02 (for sub-assly 02)

so on till all the parts.....Yes! you have to do like this for all the parts, if u wanna have ur output as u wish. (these things should be carefully thought before doing the design)

now you apply your logic in filters->by rule

&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM == "S01"

or

&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM != "S02"

or

&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM != "S01"

or

&asm.mbr.SUB_ASM == "S02"

as per ur need and update the bom. u will get it. hope this wud b helpful.

-Nawaz"

It basically doesn't matter whether the info is in subassy or in family table.

Have you checked that the parameter is defined on the instance level, not on generic level? If latter, parameter will be the same for all instances thus filter won't make any differences.

When I type in the text for the filter it states that there is an error and asks me to try again. I'm typing:

&fam.inst.name.xxxxx_xxx_xxx == "false"

The xxx is the parameter name. It is a yes/no parameter that is set in the family table. (y or n for each instance.)

Is my text wrong?

Thanks again

Rob

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back