Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

using Style in assembly mode

2ms1

I'm in assembly mode and would like to use the nice endpoint tangency options and other things that make drawing 3D spline curves so natural in Style mode to draw some wire-type things that run between things in my assembly.

The problem is that when I hit the Style icon, Style won't open and instead gives me message "At least one datum plane is needed to create a Style feature". But I have like 1000 datum planes in my assembly!

What exactly does it want me to do differently?

Insert a new empty part that is located at the default location and then activate it. Then create the style feature in the new part.

Try this technique.

Or create a Datum Curve in the assembly with Tangent ends.

Edited by: jsantangelo

It's actuallyin the very same context ofworking within a new empty part as you describe that I am having this inability to create a Style feature that talking about. Any ideas on why it isn't working?

Those otherways of getting tangent endsare interesting, however I really need to have the ability to set the magnitude/amount of tangency (how long the curve keeps pointed tangent before veering off) that is only available in Style.

I don't have style so I can't play around for a solution
smiley6.gif

When using the Datum Curve tool you can then use the Tweak setting after setting the tangency. Play with the spline points to adjust the length of the tangency.
<div style="text-align: center;">
</div>

You could also create a curve through multiple points where they are offset a given/needed distance. Then they can be controlled parametrically.

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: left;">Maybe Bart can chime in as he is an ISDX guru.
smiley17.gif

</div></div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back