Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

using string in dim. parameter

s_pme20

Hii,
How to use text in family table dimension variable column..
Is it possible??
I have to create whole table manually due to this.
I want something like this in repeat region table:
View attachment 5380

1. Insert new column between columns A and B.

2. Define new column as "Comments"

3. Table>Line Display - blank line between new column and column A. (Do not merge cells).

4. Adjust total width of new column and column A equal of original width of A.

5. Place text in cell of new column. Format text style, alignment and position (using spaces) to fit both cells with invisible vertical line between them

excellent idea...have u tried this?
Actually I am not able to do that..2 problems:
1) at some column locations of existing column, it doesnt allow me to insert new column
2) Where I able to add colums, it adds more that one colums at some pattern and unable to delete not required columns.
3) What u do with original value in existing cell? (In replacement of that I need some text)

Thanx for reply...

Usualy I am using this method to add text to existing repeat region parameter value. I did not pay attention that you need to remove existing value. Sorry.
Edited by: contour

To use a family table you can create a string parameter A and set the model dimension name to DIM_A and create a relation in the generic that looks for a condition and sets the value of A to DIM_A or SEE NOTE. You then filter the family table on the drawing so it only displays columns A and B.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back