Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

User defined feature in sheet metal

Good luck. The help file is confusing and I still struggle with it. I always seem to make the wrong picks. This forum should offer some help.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Hi M. Petchimuthu

User Defined feature for punch and notch option is available in sheet metal. you Do-ordinate system is must in UDF

Thankd

Hi,

Let me give one simple example. First create a sheetmetal part with one first wall and one hole feature or sheetmetal cut feature (rectangle or any shape).

After that u have to create UDF. Go tools-UDF Library-create-give UDF name-select stand alone-reference part "yes"-select the hole feature to add as UDF-it asks are u defining for punch or notch creation? type "Y"-check the prompted references-done return-select ok and done.

In that UDF dialogue box some optional elements are there, Var elements, var dimensions, dim values, family table, Units and Ext symbol. If u want to use those options u can use.

Open any othernew file to create punch on it. Go and select insert-shape-punch or select directly punch icon-browse the .gph file which u created and select. Insert UDF dialogue box opens-Check all the three options if u need-in UDF placement dialogue box, first select the references which prompts as in the udf- u can change the variables too-it asks direction- select done. Thats it punch created, similiar way u can create a notch.
Edited by: Asho Pulsar

If u want to know very much detailed abt UDF, go for pro-E help center. There u can find all the definitions and process.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back