Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

use one *.drw for all ?!

phucxoxo

Hi everybody !!
I design a mold and put parts in many folders, and i want to make just one drawing for these parts ( a lot of sheets) , i done it but when i open the drawing pro/e show error. I know it because i think pro/e is highly strick to put all the linked part in the same model, but is there anyway to do this, because i really need it. a lot of part but use one drawing to show them is really good, right ? thanks for reading me.

Hi,

you need to add all folder names in search path.

to do this go to tools>options>(you will get options window)>type search in option field,you will get the option search_path>browse(browse and select all the folders containing your assembly parts)>add/change

save this config.pro in your working directory and make this as your "start in" directory. otherwise you need to apply this config.pro in every session.

now open your drawing, it will not show any missing part/component message. this option will search for the parts/assemblies in all the folders set in search path and add to session.

Edited by: rudresh.hm

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back