Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Use curve as trajectory

phoxeoy

Am I missing something here? I created a helical datum curve using calculations and everything looks fine but when I go to create a swept protrusion Pro wont let me use the damn curve I just created. What good is a curve if you can't use it! Can anybody help me out here?

What I've had to do is:

1. Create a helical swept surface. Insert, Helical Sweep, Surface. For my section I just created a single line and it sweeps. So now I have a swept looking flat ribbon if you will.

2. I select the inside edge or the edge that represents my intent.

3. I copy it, then paste it back as a curve. At this point I can then use the curve as a regular sweep trajectory.

This is my work-around.

I'd be interested in others techniques to the original question posed, and why it says the helical curve trajectory is invalid.
Edited by: coolntn1

I was able to use the helical curve only if I use a variable section sweep. I think the name of this feature is a little misleading. I don't have a variable section; I have a variable trajectory. If it works for both, which I found does, then it should have a better description.

ProEngineer should change there name to ProWorkAround because there are more "Work Arounds" than valid features.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back