Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Update the symbols from symbol galery...

KK_designer

Hi,

If I modified some old symbol (from symbol galery, for example weld symbol), should that symbol update on all others drawings simply with view - update- current sheet , or i must do something else?
Is there possibility to update this modified symbol on all other drawings wich contained this symbol?
Because, when I try to review in some other drawing, is not there and I must make a copy every time.
I´m working in pro-e WF3.

Someone know?
Regards

Symbols are stored in each drawing. To update a drawing with new symbols definitions you will need to browse for each symbol and retrieve it from the hard drive. You will have to do it for each drawing. Perhaps this is something you can automate with pro/Batch and a mapkey or trail file.

Thanks,
I was confused because symbol (if you looking them as a ordinary file with extension) have one name and under that name you change some properties. And after that you are expecting "automatic refresh" on all locations where is that symbol when you run drawing update.

So according to this "logic" when I made new drawing with symbol on it, I will create also a new symbol (I will create duplicate/copy of the same symbol on other location with broken link)?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back