Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

undo/redo

streamm

i have problem withe "undo" command.
doing some checks in the config, i find that the config option "template_solidpart" makes some problems.
when i work without my start_part and working with the default of proengineer the undo works normally, but when using my start_part, undo doesn't function.
so, the source of the problem is my start_part file...now, how can i retrieve the problem in this file?? is there possibility?? it can be risolved and adjusted?
thanks

You've tried the same command sequence in your start part and in an empty part and undo only works with an empty part? I've not heard of that and I cannot see what in a part itself could cause this behavior. If your startpart was built in an old version of Pro|E, you might try rebuilding it in the version you're currently using and see if that helps.

dgs said:
You've tried the same command sequence in your start part and in an empty part and undo only works with an empty part?
yes undo works just if i use an empty template. but when using mine, it's greyied.

i'm controlling still now my start part, but i cannot find what wauses the problem.

it was mad in 2001, but i have rebuild it in Wildfire 3.0.

It's a strange, because when using Pro/ENGINEER template, it works without problem.

thanks

Edited by: streamm

There are certain commands like saving and activating a window that will clear the undo stack, but I've not heard of it being part related. I'd opena call with PTC and send your start part to them and see if they can reproduce it.

I forgot tell you that i'm using Pro/Program.
I have founded in some other forums that Pro/Program with mass calculating or something like this can be the cause, but i have not understood much.

i discover also, that when opening an existent model and trying to add fetures. when cliking "undo" Pro/ENGINEER show a message "Enter Density fo this part" as ssen in the pic, and after clikin ok, it allows undo and redo.
But when making a new file , undo doesn't work.

Ah, it sounds like perhaps you have your config set to auto calculate the mass props (mass_property_calculate automatic) and your start part has never had the mass properties calculated or no density set. Just a guess, but try opening your start part and doing a manual mass properties calculation and setting the density and see if that helps.

Not sure why that would prevent undo/redo ...

yes u r right, i have set "mass_property_calculate automatic"
how can calculate the mass manually and set the density!?pls help

Density:

Edit -> Setup -> Mass Props and enter the density.

Manual M/P calculation:

Analysis -> Model Analysis, pick 'Model Mass Properties' from the top list and hit 'Compute' at the bottom.

Something that might help is creating a material with the lowest density that ProE can handle, and setting your start part to that material by using Edit -> Setup -> Materials.

The file I use as the material file is below.

2008-01-25_031245_empty.zip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back