Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unable to Export Out of Intralink 3.3

dquatier

We are waiting for our migration to Windchill that should happen after the first of the year. In the meantime we have to keep running on Intralink 3.3 since we cannot upgrade to 3.4 or PDMLink as both require Windows Server and we are not allowed to own a server outside of IT.

So my current problem is that as of just recently anytime I select a file in an existing Workspace and try to export to Disk it looks looks like the file or files are exporting but afterwards the destination folder is empty. I cannot find anything about this problem in the PTC Knowledgebase and of course PTC will not provide any support for Intralink 3.x, even with Platinum Level support.

Has anyone seen this before and have a solution?

I do seem to remember a problem with exporting in 3.3 but it's a while since we went to 3.4 but we don't have any problem with exporting now. Won't your IT provide a windows server if they don't want you to have your own?

I am with GE and IT will supply a server under their controlbut it is a long, long process. We need to go to Windchill anyhow as part of a company wide migration. We just happen to be near the end of the migration list so we will not see anything until early 2012. So in the meantime we need to make what we have work.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back