Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

UGopen and UFunc are the same?

kishorev

Hello,

I am new to UG,and I worked extenxively on CAD Customization in Pro/Engineer(Pro/Toolkit),AutoCAD(VBA),CATIA V4(IUA),CATIA V5(VBA).I would like to know what are the levels of customization exists in UG and what are they and capabilites.

I search few documents in web,I end up with doubt are the UGOpen and UFunc are the same as per Customization prespective?

Plz give some overview on those or any information will be helpful.

With regards,

Kishore V

This is only a general overview of the customization available.

Ufunc is usually considered to be the older Fortran based routines from UG2. NX/Open is C-based routines and NX/Open++ is C++-based routines.

There is also GRIP, macros and journals. GRIP has not been updated since UG2 V13 or so, with one exception for plotting, and is considered to be out-dated. HOWEVER, it does have some funtions that have not been implemented in the newer languages, so it is still useable. Most of these functions are in the NC programming area.

Hello MVP,

Thank you for your information.Do i get NX/Open API in the documentation?

I have seen some sample code written API's of NX/Open,I do not the documentaion of API's,Is there any stuff can i get in Internet?

Kishore V

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back