Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

twisting a part in promechanica

dans

can anyone help me with this problem I am trying to twist a part in promechanica and a error comes up saying, "Mechanica does not allow non-zero prescribed rotationswith rescect to non-Cartesian coordinate systems for 2D models". I am pretty much a nubie to this software and I think this is proberly just not a clear understanding of the software but any help or any tutourials of appling this case would really help. I have attached a photo of the problem I am having.

Thank you.

View attachment 3328

i think u should be very careful with degrees of freedom. mechanica structure doesnt allow rigid body motion so first comfirm that ur model is fully restrained.

JAYANTA SARKAR

APPLICATION EXECUTIVE

RHS Engineering Services

"-----non-Cartesian coordinate systems for 2D models"

The problem lies here. If you can send the model files I will help you fix this problem.

Israr

It can easily be done.

Create a cylindrical coordinate system in Mechanica on the centre axis that you want your part to rotate around. Create a constraint. Select the cylindrical coordinate system as reference. This will change the dialogu box not to show XYZ, but R,THETA,Z. View attachment 3332

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back